Sunday, October 26, 2014

THE CAMARADERIE

Yesterday
watching a drunken brawl
between two friends
inside a bar
I was sitting alone
in a corner of the
bar in the dim light listening to wild music.
With anxious eyes and
drum-beating heart
when the brawl went out of control
I called one of
the waiters clad in white with a turban
and asked him to call
the security to throw them out
since they were getting on his nerves
and let peace prevail
inside the air-conditioned bar frowning.
The security advised them to cool down
which both were not
in the mood to oblige.
Today
at about the same time
I saw both of them
coming  out of the bar
joining hands
and laughing aloud
showing no sign of enmity
and in its  place 
intimacy was reigning supreme
between the two.
I laughed to myself
thinking about the
role being played by liquor.
Strange are the ways of liquor …

I told myself. 

No comments: