Monday, April 13, 2015

HONEY OF FRIENDSHIP


POEM     

From day one
I haven’t tasted
the honey of friendship
since I arrived in this city.
Now that three years
have flown away
and still
I haven’t acclimatized
myself with my immediate surroundings.
In this city
and I feel like an
orphan left alone in a vast desert
under the  fire-spitting Sun.
But,
as someone said
with flow of time I might feel
accustomed with the
loneliness I experienced
in this city.
In the beginning
I did have a mistaken
notion that indulging
in friendships are
not that difficult
in this city
and I am mistaken.
Even in a cosmopolitan city
where I spent a long time
the number of friendships and intimacies  
were innumerable and overwhelming.
Now I know not where
they are since after 
getting separated
I don’t have any contact
with anyone.
I think they are
scattered in various corners
of the city with their families
or must have flown down abroad
to have better living conditions
for the well-being of
 all in their families in their native lands.

This is life, nothing but life…… 

No comments: