Saturday, April 18, 2015

PART OF EXPLOITATION


POEM

When I was told not to
be talkative or garrulous,
I followed his words.
When I was ordered to
go out and canvas as many
customers as possible
I couldn’t follow his
words but gave me
two to three days to
canvas customers.
I, like the order on
day one, couldn’t follow
his orders under the
summer sun, on days two
and three and I returned
empty-handed.
A visibly angry
manager asked me to
get out and get lost.
I glanced at him with
pity followed by a broad smile
‘Thank you sir
you will be remembered
in the years to come
and if possible come out
from your revolving chair
and roam thru the
streets and canvas customers.
The replies will be
music to your ears……’
I stormed out of the door
with as much speed as possible
walked down the
streets and reached my house.
‘Why are you, early
today’ – father
and mother frowned at me.
‘I am not fit for begging.
Don’t ask me
anything more please.’
And  I entered my room
threw myself on the bed

with my eyes moist……

No comments: