Friday, April 17, 2015

MAGICAL POWERS


POEM

Very often I do have the
fortune or misfortune
of watching serpentine
queues of demonstrations holding
different colours of flags shouting slogans
at the top of their voices.
In the very beginning I couldn’t
bear these demonstrations
due to the traffic jams
holding the vehicles to a standstill.
Even the footpaths are
crowded with evening-walkers getting
stranded along the path
cursing the demonstrations
and the law-enforcers for their apathy
to control the  processions.
Gradually watching the
demonstrations became my
hobby though fast flowing
time causes many a problem.
On noticing the demonstrations
one day to my surprise
and embarrassment, I did
have the fortune or misfortune
to notice that a number of
demonstrators participating
in the long serpentine
queues are people coming
from a particular area
who participate in the
different demonstrations are
one and the same.
To my wonder I mulled
the psychology behind it
and came to the conclusion
that money and liquor

posses magical powers. 

No comments: