Friday, August 6, 2010

ESSENCE OF LOVE

POEM

LOVE @ 15

 Love,

Pure, precious, divine,

My first lessons

Love,

Platonic,

I believed

I felt.

Angelic, she looked,

Cute, pretty,

Eyes,

Dreamy

half-closed.

Foul thoughts

Never came my way

on thinking about her.

Sensuality, sexuality,

All bad words,

I felt

I believed.

Even a mild touch,

Kind of defilement,

I believed.

Never in my thoughts

Or deeds

Did I  

Entertain,

Imagine,

Never dared not,

Even a kiss,

In the inner sanctum (kovil)

Of love

remained she

My supreme deity,

To be worshipped,

Standing out

With my arms folded

Across the chest.

One day,

At the sea-shore,

under

The smiling full moon

And glittering stars

the vast expanse

in our front

Lay calm, quiet,

And tranquil,

On a sudden impulse,

Thus I felt,

Whispering ‘love’

She gave a warm

Kiss on my cheeks,

Embarrassed I looked

Around.

‘dear, you know

Love is pure, precious and sacred

Not to be defiled,

You are my supreme deity.

Don’t even ever imagine

Otherwise.

‘fool you are,

Good-for-nothing

You and your flattery,

Who needs it?’

---------------A turning point,

It was.

Gradually did she distance

Herself away from me.

Sleepless nights followed,

Nightmares followed,

Life turned a bumpy ride.

Saw one day to my utter shock

She with another fellow,

Hand in hands, both moving

Ahead,

Delighted she was, delighted

He was.

Heart stood still for a moment.

Unbearable it was,

Closed my eyes,

For a moment.

Gritting teeth,

Ran away from there.

Anger,

Frustration,

Restlessness,

Bit my lips

Till it bled.

Noose,

Drugs,

Liquors,

Poison,

Flashed through my eyes.

I was hitting the wind,

Hitting the walls,

Still

Couldn’t hate her.

 

LOVE @ 25

 

‘Always moody you are,

Looks like an intellectual,

A writer, philosopher, poet? – she was asking.

‘your flowing beard,

Enquiring and sharp eyes,

Kind of innocent eyes,

Like that of a child

Serene looks

All dear to me’-

She went on.

A sadness, hidden

In the recesses of your mind,

Why can’t you pour it out,

Share with me your

Gnawing problems,

Lessen your burden, thus.

‘Thanks and nice of you

In the guise of a

psychologist,

You speak? –

I was all smiles,

She was all smiles.

Days like a long-distance

Train chugged past,

Hooting sirens.

Love,

The foolish things, I entertained,

Once,

The so-called ‘precious, pure, sacred’

Visited me once again

Uninvited guests all

All once upon a time.

------------------The restaurant,

Family-cabin,

Both of us sipping

Steamy tea,

Delightful moments,

Felt like hugging her,

And showering kisses on her cheeks.

My looks, beads of

sweat on my fore-head,

Heart-beats like drum-beats

shivering I was.

Nevertheless,

On a sudden impulse,

Approached her,

Sat beside her,

Hugged her with all my might,

A rain of kisses

Followed.

Shocked she sat,

For a moment

‘how dare you?

Womanizer you are

This is your love?’

Looks of ferocity,

Made me shudder,

Stormed she out of

The cabin.

Sat I spell-bound,

Mulling over,

‘what is love actually’?

That too subjective?

Felt like laughing helplessly

Waving my head.

 

LOVE @ 30

 

I like you.

I love you

Cute flexible and lovable you are

Huggable you are

Charming and seductive you are

Fascinating you are.

Albeit, one condition.

No promises,

No commitments,

Nor any assurances,

Love, love-making

All parts of life

Parts of game

If willing

Join me and enjoy

Each moment.

Sanctity of love?

Nothing to say

Neither platonic, pure, sacred.

Nothing but sex and sensuous.

Love is platonic, pure, precious, sacred, sex and sensuous

sum total of all.

No distinct boundaries

option yours

feel each other

touch each other,

enjoy each other,

devour each other.

No hypocrisy,

Whatsoever

That’s all.       

 

 

  

 

No comments: