Saturday, August 7, 2010

UNENDING ROAD OF MISERIES

Never can I bear the sight
of an angelic kid,
In her flowing, glittering frock,
Her eyes full of sparkling innocence,
Praying before the altar,
Standing in front of Virgin Mary,
‘We the sinners’…
Never can I bear the sight of
a street child,
In his taltared knicker,
In his skeletal frame
Sitting on the pavement watching,
Children in uniforms,
Ironed shirts, knickers and pants,
And ties
With rucksacks
Walking down the streets,
In style,
Throwing coins at the street-child
Non-chalantly sometimes
Sympathies full to the brim
That too sometimes.
Never can I bear the sight of
A pick-pocket,
Albeit a criminal,
Being lynched by a mob.
Never can I bear the sight of
A group of pavement-dwellers
Worshipping, extolling
An arrogant bollywood actor,
Notorious for negligent rash,
Drunken driving
With a penchant for
Mowing down the poor ones,
Crushing them to death,
Going scot-free.
Never can I bear
The sight of a lady
In worn-out clothes,
Unable to bear it-
Angrily shutting the
Door from behind
Gritting my teeth to myself.
Ribbon of unbearable
sights roll on non-stop.

No comments: