Sunday, February 6, 2011

THE GOOD SHEPHERD

Thankachan David Thadathil
the bespectacled gentleman
aged 62 in long white robe
pepper-salt moustache
long flowing greyish beard
the obedient shepherd of
Jesus Christ.
Thankachan David Thadathil
with a hard bound Bible in hand
seen on TV screen
heard on Radio
before the crowds or no crowds on the
street sides preaching
the sermons of Jesus Christ.
Thankachan David Thadathil
once a factory worker
a fitter by profession
drew as emoluments
peanuts per month.
Thankachan David Thadathil
a reformed man now, the
obedient servant of
Lord Jesus
confesses thus before the
whole world.
I, Thankachan David Thadathil
in my younger days
was an atheist
a rebel, gambler
drunkard, womanizer
in short the very
harvest ground of
venomous crops.
One day
in the wee hours of
the morning
Lord Jesus appeared in
my dreams
I was struck by
the halo around
his head
he sat near me
his magical touch
his gentle, kind, loving
face
all changed entire approach
towards life.
In his soft, gentle tone
the Lord preached me
the purpose behind his
coming to me
the secret behind my
incarnation on this earth
exhorted me to
follow in his footpaths
strive to root out
all evils from this
world.
Thankachan David Thadathil
since then learnt the
Bible by rote
then plunged into his
mission
preached sermons
like a good shepherd
and
by the grace of Jesus
being covered with gold
currencies and cheques.
Alas, the shape of the
world getting worser and
worser.
And Thankachan David Thadathil
continues his mission,
full of hope
Praise the Lord. Amen.

No comments: