Thursday, February 17, 2011

RECOLLECTIONS ABOUND

Recall the day
we first saw, met
and conquered each other.
Recall the day
I told you about
your magnetic eyes
which drew me to you
the very first day we met.
Recall the days we
took strolls down the
college campus
reciting the poems of
Keats, Shelly, Emily Dickinson
Yeats and Rilke.
Recall the days we spent
our leisurely moments
in the shadows of ‘grandma trees’
in the campus
and cracked mischievous comments
of love-birds in the
shade of several other
trees
and
some taking strolls down
the campus
without any aim.
Recall the days we
planned our future
the hurdles on the
way
and how to jump them
one after another.
Recall that day you
pleaded me ‘give me a
cupfull of your love’
and enjoyed its sweetness
like nectar,
still I feel like my
lips aching…..
Recall the day when
we first decided not
to have a third person in
our life so soon
so as to keep our selfishness
stay
whither your razor-sharp
memories?
Whither your boundless love?
Whither your personal
magnetism turned towards?
Whither you, your old
self?
Now I see your shadow
alone, alone, alone
think about me once
in a while, once in a while
at least once in your
life….
that alone is my humble
request….humble prayer.

No comments: