Friday, February 11, 2011

THE WHISPERINGS

In the late hours
of the moon-lit, star-lit night
when the world starts
napping
their silent communication
begins.
Glancing at his starry smiles
she asks him ‘why can’t you
come down and whisper
some sweet-nothings to me
and plant a gentle kiss on me
shower your golden smiles
on me again and again’
with a glint of sadness
glistening in her eyes.
Replies he thus ‘ you and I
from time immemorial
are destined to be
at far ends of the universe
neither can I come down
to you
nor can you rise up
and give me a cool
touch
anyhow let’s pray
to that unknown force
who keeps the remote of the
Universe in His hands’,
‘Bless us with the boon
of coming closer to each
other
and thus
let our cherished dreams
get fulfilled.
All depends upon Him
perhaps it would
take eras
sometimes it could happen
within seconds
like an epoch-making incident
the sea-sky co-existence’
Everything depends upon Him.

No comments: