Wednesday, February 9, 2011

MY PHALGUNI DAYS

South Westerly winds once carried
forth
my Phalguni days
down Mumbai
traversing long distances
from the faraway land.
My Phalguni moments
immerse me in enormous pleasure
indescribable my ecstatic moments.
The long slender stem of her
body her frock, jacket, jinka
bangles and jingling anklets
innocent looks and smiles, photographed
in my mind
and her present and future
features, expressions and costumes
all imaginary.
Beaches and parks, crowds,
sands and flowers
together with her family
still being cherished and
relished in my lonely moments.
The day destiny decided
my parting with the teenaged
lass
was something unbearable to
me
too unbearable to her.
Destiny decided the other way
train carrying me blared
horns and hooted past
serpentine tracks
my heart aching terribly
to meet the pretty lass.
With South Westerly winds
ending its mission of
Phalguni moments,
I left to the city with
a burdened heart
reached the destination
and found her flat
occupied by another family.
My heart broke
inquired her whereabouts
only to come to know
of Phalguni’s family’s
departure to
her native Jamnagar…
With pain still lingering
in me
south westerly winds carries
no news of Phalguni
moments these days.

No comments: