Thursday, March 14, 2013

SELFLESS SERVICE


Unto you I come
everyday
wake you up silently
caress you gently
lock you up in my embrace
guide you in proper directions
by lighting the torches of my infinite eyes
show you the entire verdant surroundings
rivers, streams, ponds
and lakes
trees, plants and
pretty, colourful blooms
temple, churches and mosques
nurseries, schools and colleges
huts, houses and multi-storeyed buildings and flats
vehicles, trains, buses
bikes and cycles
individuals and crowds in different walks of life.
I don’t have red roses to offer you
as an expression of my love
I don’t have invaluable gifts
to present you
I don’t have colourful, illuminating,
scintillating costumes  
to make you dance with joy
I don’t know songs and 
dances to enchant you
I am neither a singer
nor a dancer to enthrall you
still I don’t expect
anything from you in return for offering
little, little favours to you,
still
I know your attitude towards me
deep down in my burning heart
respect sometimes
love at other times
hatred occasionally
love and hate, the same time or
a love-hate relationship, to be precise
anger, despair and  emotions galore  
your attitudes keep on changing
unlike mine.
I don’t care your
changing attitudes
towards me
since I never
expect any feeling of
gratitude towards me from you
as the scriptures preach-
‘Don’t
wait for the fruits of your action’
awaiting fruits
of one’s action brings
disappointment, disillusionment, anger
and hatred and despair
sometimes love and gratitude
hence I do
keep detachment
for my actions towards all.   

No comments: