Friday, March 15, 2013

SHADOW PLAY


In my childhood days
it was my hobby
watching my shadows.
I was fond of my obedient  shadows.
When I stood like a statue
my shadow too stood rooted like the statue.
The moment  I started walked
my shadow too obeyed me.
The moment I started
 jumping up in the air  
my shadow too jumped up like me.
While I used to dance,
my shadow too danced with me.
Those were days
I was all mischiefs to my parents, grand parents ,
 uncles and aunties and my friends.
From Childhood to middle-age
There is a long bridge to cross
and from middle-age to old age
there is an extension of that bridge.
Michiefs of childhood and teenage gave way
to seriousness and maturity .
Those were the days
when I forgot my shadows
or lost interest in
looking at my shadows  
with life  getting more and more hectic and busy
where the hell do I get
a chance to watch my shadows?
But
one day when I was blessed with  
bit of a treasure of leisure time
to my shock and dismay
accidentally I watched my  shadows.
My childhood days
revisited me
for some minutes.
While I was standing rooted to the ground,
I saw my shadow
walking away to somewhere
with mounting embarrassment.
 I played a joke by
sitting in the chair
and noticed my shadow
instead of sitting up
started jumping up in the air.
While I made
gyrated movements
I saw my shadow sitting comfortably in the chair.
The unexpected, unpredictable
movements of shadows
my disobedient shadows
made me feel frightened.
Since then, uptill now
I never, ever tried
shadow watching.
These are days
even your shadows deceive you
I think so..                          

No comments: