Thursday, July 2, 2015

COMPLACENCY


POEM
Everyday during my evening walk
down the narrow road
without footpath
I let my eyes wander around to the
left, right and front
to enjoy the beautiful
lush green landscape
and variety of flowers
which enchant me, enthrall me
and the cool breeze
from the west on its way
to the east caresses me,
embraces me and
plants kisses all over me lifting me to
an ethereal world.
Unlike the city which
does have footpaths
and a broad road for the
vehicles to ply in opposite directions
this rural narrow road is
full of  craters and pot-holes
thru which vehicles
move along to and fro hooting horns.
I, being a daily evening walker
those living on the street side houses
might be throwing their eyes  towards me also.
Upon looking at my eyes
wandering left, right and front
must be  apprehending an accident.
They might be shouting
at me to take care
while walking along, it seems
the narrow road full of craters
and pot-holes thru which
vehicles rush ahead blaring horns.
But I am confident
and my unusual presence  of mind
might be jumping all hurdles while walking ahead.
With the onset of sunset
after reaching the junction
I start returning to my residence.
While walking ahead
Sun evolves into a wide crimson circle about which
I always think about
‘what a glamorous visual feast to watch’
forgetting my private thoughts.
While continuing my evening walk,
a  car suddenly came to a halt
and the  man driving the
car shouted at in his full-throat voice
‘Bloody rascal, where
the hell are you glancing at
and don’t you know
how long we tooted
followed by a chain of
epithets breathlessly’.
‘Pardon me for the inconvenience
it is my fault.
Actually I was enjoying
the beautiful sunset in the western horizon.'
He was frowning at me and
without uttering a single word
turned the  ignition key and sped along.
I blushed and looked around…..

No comments: