Thursday, October 28, 2010

ANGEL

Climbed-up the stairs,
the first floor,
door wide-open,
silence,
the morning calm,
soothing,tranquil.
Benumbed stood still
like a statue,
for a while. cheeks,
Heart missing a whisper,
welcomed me
a face.
The rosy
cherry lips,
thick, lengthy flowing hairs
seemed like the same face,
the same face,
the same figure,
the same dimpled smile,
that mischievous smile,
attired in violet flower saree .
Mulled running away first
but that pleading glance,
those wide eyes,
that welcome smile…
The poignant memory
of a face,
the same face,
the same features,
expressions,
all forced me
rooted there.
Her charming delight,
excitement, immeasurable pleasure.
‘Forgot me?
Forgot your beloved?
Your Angel?
Forgot me…..?’
Like a red rose,
turning pale,
petals withering away,
in the warmth of
a blazing hot sun,
her face turned grim
her eyes welled-up,
“Angel?
No….No…No…? “
began me sweating,
profusely,
heart missing beats,
the rhythm lost,
like a stethoscope,
turning the heartbeats
into drum-beats,
that much audible to one.
Like a fairy-tale,
like a puzzle,
like an enigma,
heard me, saw me,
a sobbing figure,
a t a faraway land,
a far, far, faraway land.
On a conditioned-reflex,
ran me down the stairs,
to the streets to the
faceless crowds,
sans turning back,
I was weeping literally.

No comments: