Tuesday, October 26, 2010

LAYERS

It resembles an apple
but not an apple
innumerable layers it has
but not an onion
gifted to me by my Guru
in my childhood days,
advised he to peel each
layer off one by one daily.
I, an obedient disciple of him
peeled its layers off
one by one.
It turned out to be one
of my routine activities
such a tedious task
it was
the more I peeled off
the layers
the more layers left
to be peeled off
fed up at times though
angry at times though
impatient at times though
but no turning back
not disheartened
went on and on and on
an ongoing process.
Layers still left
to be peeled off
seemed to be like
an unending process
but the mission
I felt like continuing
months, years passed
my features underwent
changes
but my grit and determination
remained intact
'slow and steady
wins the race' - my Guru often
reminded me
the ongoing process
still I continue,
one day, may be, yes
may be, one day
I might reach the
ultimate truth
the Absolute Truth
to my ecstasy,
if not in my lifetime
might be by the
Gen X.
But no
as long as I exist
here on the face of
earth,
the process would continue,
never would I stop till
then....
my mission, my duty,
my obligation, this....

No comments: