Saturday, May 14, 2011

ALL WEATHER-FRIEND

In the hilly mountain terrains
to flush out my
all-weather enemy,
I along with my all-weather friend
bombarded and
killed thousands of innocents.
Our search went on
for a prolonged period,
but all our efforts
proved in vain.
My all-weather friend
for whom I loosened
my purse strings
for he was starving
for funds most of the
time in a year.
He showed me his
gratitude in abundance
true, a friend in
need is a friend indeed.
My love and belief in
him was immense.
The ever elusive enemy
proved a head-ache to me,
he continued his
treacherous ways of wreaking vengeance on me
sitting pretty
in his hide-out
my search to locate
him my determination, resilience
and constant efforts went
on unabated.
And I was shell-shocked
in the course of my search
to find out
that my all-weather friend
whom I loved and cared
for since a long period
was providing asylum
to my all-weather enemy
since a long time.
Whom to believe
whom to disbelieve in this world
I am at a loss to
find out,
my anger knows no limits.

No comments: