Monday, August 19, 2013

ALL LIKE A DREAM


Irrepressible and charming his looks
disarming and captivating his smiles.
Though a stranger
when he held her hand in his arm
she couldn’t resist him
when he gestured her to come with him
fear or anxiety conquered her not
instead
she felt overwhelmed and elated.
She knew not where he was taking her to
still she felt no embarrassment
instead
she walked with him as if in a trance
trod villages and towns
lakes and rivers
covered long distances
she felt a sense of security  in his possession
at last
they reached a verdant valley
resembling a green carpet looking upto the hillock
serene and tranquil the valley was
he took her to a small house.
‘I like you, love you
hence I look you to my secluded house
in this beautiful valley
I am your life-partner for the
rest of my life’ – for the first time he was
whispering in her ear.
A sublime feeling she experienced in his words.
‘At last I am freed
I was a caged bird all these years
now that I am blessed with a protective covering
like a chick under the wings of her mother hen
she felt a top of the world feeling……


No comments: