Saturday, August 24, 2013

SCENT OF NOSTALGIA


Unlike you
in my childhood days
I was under the well-deserved attention
well-deserved love and care
of my parents, grandpa and grandma,
uncles, aunties and siblings
what not
even our neighbourhood.
All rained profuse love and affection on me.
I took bath in the glory of
everyone’s love, care and attention.
But you know
time never stands still
time keeps on flowing like a river
rather like an airplane
I had to witness the demises
of my grandpa and grandma
whose love was fathomless
I had to witness
uncles, aunties and siblings
crossing swords
our neighbourhood was no different
I remained a mute witness to the rivalry
and separation one by one
over the  hot issue of wealth and property
all I had to see with my own eyes.
And now
I am like you
feelings lonely and neglected
feel like I’m in a desert
the only difference being
you are quite young and
I’m much older
I keep the scent of nostalgia with me,
but for you nostalgic is an alien word….
You have never been thru nostalgic days….
Time never stands still
Time keeps on flowing like a river
rather flying  like an  airplane
we’ve to learn to live with the flight of time…..    
           

No comments: