Sunday, August 25, 2013

THE CHESS


He is my foe. I know it
I am his foe. He knows it.
Yet
whenever we meet
we always care to exchange
broad smiles,
broad smiles reflecting innocence
we sit across a table
often
to discuss organisational matters over two cups of tea
under the envelope of cordiality.
But
we never forget to
gain an edge over the other
we are grandmasters in
the game of political chess, you know
each knows when to move
pawns, knights, bishops, rooks, queen and
give a check to each other’s king.
We sit together,
dine and wine together,
we pose for photo sessions
displaying wide smiles
to show the outside world
that we are united…
who is the first to breath last
he or me
we, either he or me
needs no glycerine
to express each other’s pain….
since tears could flow down like waterfalls.
The fun is that
under the deceptive calm
of unity and bonhomie
people know the
strong undercurrent of
enmity and game for one upmanship…  

No comments: