Wednesday, August 21, 2013

ON THE WAY…………..


After our painful,
‘surgical’ separation years back,
I had to pass by your village today.
On touching the village limits
it was no surprising that
my heart longed for your proximity
knowing fairly well
that it was something impossible.
On reaching close to your
home on the street side
I could hear my heart-beats like drum-beats
I knew not for what.
I slowed down my car
when reached close by your home
and to my shock and despair
what awaited me was
a flat ground resembling a waste land
in the place of your home
and the favourite garden which you
nurtured like a mother breast-feeding her child
and derived motherly satisfaction.
The portico,
the terrace and the gate from
where you cast thousand
glances, eloquent
sweet and loving they were 
still indelibly imprinted
on the walls of my mind.
Even after a long span
I can’t wipe away those feelings from me.
With a sense of vacuum
filling my mind
I drove my car aimlessly.
I was coming to a conclusion that
you would never appear
before me except in my
dreams….

No comments: