Tuesday, August 13, 2013

FOR MY RED ROSE


Those long flowing hairs
those broad forehead with
sandal paste and bindi
those wide dreamy, magnetic eyes
that pretty face
that tall slim figure
that was you on your
25th birthday.
I still recall the moment I gifted
warm kisses on your forehead
the first time in your life
cheeks and cherry lips  
those days we celebrated
our love to the envy of
the world around us
those days you gifted me red roses
those misty December days 
we illuminated our homes
with twinkling Christmas stars
and colourful bulbs and X’mas trees
our anxious waits for the Santa
in his long flowing crimson  red dress
his flowing snow white beard his dances
heralding the birth of Infant Jesus in a cattle shed
at  Betlehem
wishing us merry Christmas.
Those were unforgettable days
still unforgettable days
after twenty five years
those are priceless treasures
to me in the years to come
or until I breath my last
I always yearn to keep
those priceless treasures
close to my heart.
I know
your long flowing hairs
may have t have turned grey
or hairs cut short upto
your shoulders
your cute face may have
lost all its charm
your dreams might have
vanished from your eyes 
dark shades may  have
taken their places in the
valleys of your eyes
you might have turned
bulky in place of your slim, cute figure
I know not
but I know one thing for sure
you may  have evolved
into a different picture
but my dear
I don’t want to
keep that changed figure in my mind
and I always wish to
fondle that priceless treasure of your twenties
in a sense, I’m lucky
to be far away from you
far, far away from you.

No comments: