Friday, January 7, 2011

THE TURQUOISE

Deep down
in the recess of my heart
lay concealed
an ever emitting turquoise,
never, ever will I display
it
to anyone
it is my secret possession
exclusive for me
kept hidden from
the outside world.
The moment
I dare to take
that brightness out
or the moment
I take it to show the world
it will lose it lustre
and
will turn to a mere stone
devoid of all brightness -
a lacklustre stone otherwise
which I can’t even
think for a moment.
While the world is asleep
and is draped in the
glittering golden blanket
of starlit, moonlit
shady , dancing nights
the bright
turquoise
in the deep recess of my heart
shines too brightly
and cover me
head to toe
reminding a hallo.
No one sees it
no one ever can see it
that much intense is
its lustre
its rays blinding
like sunrays.

No comments: