Sunday, August 28, 2011

FADED ROSES

Iron gate rusted
nameplate removed
path laden with
thick bushes and grass
so was the courtyard
her garden of love
deserted
walls, dark -
yellowish,
doors and windows
turned old and grimy
window glasses stained and broken
window curtains darkened over years
not a single soul
could be sighted
eerie silence hung
like a question mark
in the air.
Her papa, mama
sisters and brothers all
gone somewhere
no idea where, when.
My memory glided backwards
the olden days
the golden days
where life throbbed
in that palatial mansion
where celebrations and rejoice
rent the air
her garden of love
where thousand flowers bloomed
to everyone’s envy
the days on which she handed me
red roses stealthily
its fragrance still
I sense
all gone forever
tears filled my eyes
I still feel her lips touching mine
her fragrant smell
still in my nostrils.

No comments: