Saturday, August 13, 2011

THE PATTERN

Dreams follow no pattern
like my way of life.
Each night I go
to sleep
pray to God to lift
me through the luminous path
of sweet dreams only
earnestly implore
him not to push me
through the dark tunnel of
nightmares.
But dreams follow no
pattern,
God never blesses me with
sweet dreams only
but sweet dreams always
followed by nightmares
nightmares followed by
sweet dreams
chain of dreams intermingle and
repeat till I wake up in the morning.
No amount of prayers
to Almighty help me
experience only sweet dreams.
Like two sides of
the same coin
life hurtles down craters
as well as plains
so are the dreams.
Angels smilingly fluttering
around me followed by
a demon like creature
baring its teeth frightening
me to death
immediately followed by
my moments with my
sweet heart
the chain of dreams thus intermittently passes
thru various routes.
Like a tarred road
with potholes here and
there - my life.
Be that as it may
all dreams are dearer to me
and no dreams are put up
for sale.
Dreams follow no pattern
in my life
as in everyone’s life.

No comments: