Wednesday, August 24, 2011

THE LONG AWAIT

I was waiting for you
since ages.
Traversing harsh mountain
terrains,
forests,
rivers,
and plains
you came.
Why you left me
one fine morning
without uttering even a word about
your long distance travel plans?
From the very day
you left me
I spent sleepless nights
awaiting your arrival.
Each knock on the door
brought your face before me.
Like a maniac,
with a pounding heart
I rushed to unlock
the door
but all my expectations went
awry.
A disillusioned
disappointed I
returned to the room
with tears brimming in
my eyes.
At last you came
I knew you would come
to me one day
and my expectations
and hopes bore fruit.
You’re my spring
you’re my winter
you’re my autumn
you’re my summer
you’re everything to me
my dear
please, please, please
for heaven’s sake
don’t leave me alone
giving me sleepless
nights and tears in
my eyes.

No comments: