Monday, August 1, 2011

THUS SPAKE THE CITY TO THE VILLAGE

A day will come
when you won’t be
able to stand on
your legs.
A day will come
when you will have
to lean against me
due to dwindling
strength.
A day will come
when the last drop
of your stamina
is being squeezed by
time.
A will come,
your hairs will turn silvery
wrinkles will appear all
over your body
you will get emaciated
and old.
Blame thee not me for all these
its not my fault
not anybody’s fault
we have to change
with changing times.
True
I’m gaining strength
to strength
that’s also not my fault
times are changing
you know.
A day will come
when your
merger with me will
be complete
worry thee not
your children will be
safe in my lap.
A big chunk already
in my lap, my lap in their cradle.
I provide them jobs
I provide them food
I provide them shelter
I provide them all the
facilities of life
I love them, care them
from dawn to dusk
dusk to dawn,
you know I remain restless
and vigilant always
and I will continue to be.
Remember
I came from thee
I was part of thee
once upon a time.

No comments: