Wednesday, August 22, 2012

INDELIBLE IMPRINT


Like a sharp needle or thorn
being thrust into the skin
resulting in agonizing pain
your decision to catch
the train to your faraway
native land
to look after your
aged-mother
who is bed-ridden for
the last few months
with no one to
properly take care of her
like needle being thrust
into the skin
my mind has started bleeding
with gnawing pain.
I can’t bear that
inevitable separation
I feel butterflies in
my stomach
the very moment you
opened your heart before.
Dear, I have nothing
to say
my response is a stony silence
as I can’t be a
hurdle in your way
since your predicament is
that much intense  
from which you can’t
run away.
I fear
after you are gone
how long we will have
to maintain contact 
never forget me
after sometime
such a possibility
is unimaginable.
My love towards you
your love towards me
are in equal measure 
both unfathomable
we know….
still my mind bleeds
like yours
your pensive smile
and misty eyes
tell me a lot,
and I can very well see your mind bleeding
with gnawing pain.
Keep a space in a
corner of your mind
for me
which has to be
indelibly imprinted
there.


No comments: