Saturday, August 25, 2012

NO ESCAPE ROUTE


Fed up with going thru
daily newspapers
listening to radio news
watching television news,
one day I decided
to stop reading newspapers,
to stop listening to radio news
to stop watching television news
as all of them
on a day to day basis
brought about blood-chilling news
like murders, robberies,
accidents, deaths,
terror-attacks claiming hundreds
of lives, wars and rebellions
creating rivers of blood
the sights are so gory and
unendurable.
I withdrew into my shell
led a tortoise-like
existence, for days together.
Without reading newspapers
without listening to radio news
without watching television news
I could read, listen
and watch through my inner eyes
the developments across
my land
my State, my Country,
my World as a whole  
and as a result
I became restless
inside my shell,
I felt like coming out
of the shell
I felt that much
suffocation inside my shell
and unable to bear the
suffocation
one day I came out of the shell
started reading newspapers
started listening to radio news
and started watching
the television news
yes, my friend,
escapism is not at
all a solution.
It will needle you
torment you,
torture you….     
       
       

No comments: