Friday, August 17, 2012

MONSOON TRAIN


Sorry
I am very late
believe me
it was not my fault
I was waiting in the
wings ready to
console you and cool your tempers in time.
You know
the signal got delayed
which upset the time-schedule
the signal like
an obstinate child
was rooted there staring at me
without turning green.
At last
after a long wait
I have come to cool
the embers of your impatience
and anger
I shall wipe away sweat
from the face and parched body of Mother Earth
I shall make her face and body shine green
I shall wipe away
the perspiration on your forehead.
I shall give a long rest your fans.     
The more you wish, the more
I shall give
and I know one truth
when I attain my true form in peak times
you will get tired of me
‘Enough,  enough, enough and
more’ – you will plead for
my mercy
you will pray to your
God
who appears in the East
heralding a new dawn
after days of my rocking dance
till the other day
he was the God you cursed
while you cursed him
you prayed to your
other God – myself.
It is in your blood stream
you can’t love and pray
any God for a prolonged period.
It is not my fault
It is not his fault
It is your fault.

No comments: