Wednesday, August 29, 2012

RACE FOR RECOGNITION


These are changing times
Recognition,  
positive and negative
neutralizes each other.
Recognition,
positive or negative
is a must.
In this heartless world
men/women are after
negative recognition.
With a purpose to
win positive recognition
I woke up early in the morning
finished my routine chores
and came out of my house.
I stepped onto the street
the large and dazzling silver coin
was making its appearance
in the Eastern horizon.
The sun was warm
and enjoying a light breeze
I walked down the street
which was almost empty.
I saw a youth
walking in my direction
and when he came near me
beamed a warm smile at me
though his face was unfamiliar to me.
When he came near me
I too beamed a wide smile at him.
Soon after that
I walked and turned back
all of a sudden
and took out my pistol
and sprayed bullets aiming his head.
He fell down
but his smile had not faded away
and with a smile to myself
I walked away non-chalantly.
He must have been a terrorist.
Who knows?
These are changing times.

            

No comments: