Wednesday, July 20, 2011

HARROWING WERE THOSE DAYS…..

Harrowing were those days
my son
you must be recalling
them like your inner palm.
Sunup to sundown I went
out to do menial jobs
and slugged it out
like a slave to save you
from hardships.
Sunup to sun down, you
went to the school and college
and
to watch you going out with
an empty stomach gave
me gnawing pains, needling pains
unbearable those moments to me.
You were my hope you were
my dream
your welfare was my
sole aim, the one and only
aim.
For you I starved
I fed you with food, love
care and warmth.
To make up for your father’s loss
who went out of our life
in the early days
I had to step into his
shoes, I had to my son.
I saw you grow up
before me
I witnessed you
scaling new heights
those moments were
overwhelming to me.
Never in my life, ever in
my life I had the nightmare
of you ditching your mother
any moment
but my son
after flying abroad
and settling there
choosing a girl
as your life-partner
you cared not to visit your
mother
you cared not to inquire her welfare
my son how come you
forgot those harrowing days
still I, your ever loving
mother
go on suffering alone
but always I pray for
your well-being.
God bless thee.

No comments: