Friday, July 8, 2011

QUINTESSENCE OF LOVE

I have mothers two,
one in the village
and
one in the city.
One in the village
once carried me in her womb
gave birth to me
who made me open my eyes and ears to the world
loved me, tended me
and brought me up
made me stand on my legs
imparted primary education
to face the vagaries of life
and made me what I am today.
My mother in the distant
city is
none other than mother Sea.
Not a single day passes
without me visiting her,
not a single day passes
without me spending time
by her side
experiencing her INFINITE love
her cool hug
sharing her tears and joys
she in her mad love approach me
in the wings of waves and kisses me
convey
her whisperings of sweet nothings in my ears
which make me ecstatic.
Her language easily decipherable to me
her joys, sorrows and pains
easily readable from her varying
appearances.
While in the village by the
side of my mother
I miss Mother Sea badly
and
while in the city
I miss my mother in the
village badly.
I pray to God Almighty never to
miss the all embracing love
from my life.
In a sense my mother in
the village and mother sea
are the quintessence of love.

No comments: